We all know that managing our health is important, but at times it can be complex and confusing. With dozens of doctors, hospitals, specialties and testing facilities, we all have a lot of health records in a variety of places. But now that health care providers are moving from paper to digital records, managing your health information is a lot easier.
Here in Southern New Jersey, NJSHINE can help you and your caregivers manage and access your medical information more easily. Using digital records, your health information can now be shared in a safe and secure Health Information Exchange (HIE).
Through the MobileMD® Patient Portal, you can access clinical information directly from any Internet-enabled computer. A secure, browser-based portal opens communication between you and your providers, providing the ability to send and receive secure messages, request prescription renewals, check appointments, obtain copies of medical records, view medical history details, and complete online forms.
Features and Benefits
- Enables you and authorized family members to access your clinical data.
- Securely communicates with your provider team – messages can be composed, forwarded and replied to through the MobileMD® secure messaging feature. The solution includes provisioning controls to prevent unauthorized messaging.
- Enables you to request appointments, prescriptions and medical records.
- Includes the ability to change demographic information, such as address, telephone number, and password via self-help.
- Requires no hardware or software to maintain.